I recently discovered Oui French Style Yogurt by Yoplait. It’s a smooth, creamy yogurt that tastes great and is sold in a glass jar or pot with a foil lid. A lot of consumers like the glass jars because they are novel and better for the environment compared to typical plastic yogurt cups.
You can put the empty jars in your recycling bin, but I’ve noticed that some people like to get creative and find ways to re-purpose the Oui yogurt jars. First you’ll want to peel the labels off your jars, although you might need to scrub or use a product like Goo Gone to get the label residue off the jar. Then you need to decide what to do with your jars. Yoplait lists a few craft ideas on its website, and here are some other things you can do with the jars:
- Put votive or tea candles in them and use them as candle holders.
- Wash them and turn them into drinking glasses or cocktail glasses.
- Serve pudding, overnight oats, smoothies, parfaits, cheesecake, or other treats in them.
- Turn them into planters for succulents or other small plants.
- Use them as vases for small flowers.
- Make centerpieces filled with colored stones, flowers, marbles, or other small trinkets to use at baby or bridal showers.
- Fill them with candy or nuts, top them with a fabric or textile square tied on with a decorative ribbon around the jar’s mouth, and give as small gifts to party guests, teachers, or other special people.
- Store small things like coins, paper clips, rubber bands, or other trinkets in them.
- Rinse them and put them in your recycling bin.
You can even buy special lids that fit on the Oui yogurt jars if you want to use them to store odds and ends.
So why does Yoplait sell this yogurt in glass pots anyway? The company’s website states, “Our glass pot is not only recyclable and great for reuse, but it also protects the integrity of the yogurt’s texture during the production and shipping process ensuring our consumer’s experience the best possible French style yogurt every single time.”
What do you do with your Oui yogurt jars? Let us know in the comments.