There are a lot of smart people in this world with good advice to share. If you happen to have thoughts you feel are worth sharing, we’d love to hear them.
This page is meant to explain our writing guidelines, submission guidelines, and how to submit.
(If you are interested in doing a sponsored post on our site, please contact us directly.)
If you’re reading this, you probably have a good idea of our writing style. We like writing that is clean, clear, and informative, but we also welcome (and encourage) a personal voice. We like writers who can write from a position of some authority, but we also know that personal experience can be a powerful way to relate, too.
Before submitting, please make note of the following:
- Submitting a post is not a guarantee of publication. We advise anyone interested in guest posting to familiarize yourself with our style before posting, and to carefully proofread potential submissions. We are more likely to accept submissions that are polished and fit our post style.
- If we plan to use your post we’ll let you know. We will contact you within 4 weeks of submission if we plan to use your post. If you don’t hear from us, assume we are not posting your review. Don’t take it personally if you don’t hear from us; this can be for any number of reasons, including the post repeating content we’ve already written about.
- We reserve the right to make editorial changes to submitted posts. We do this in order to bring them into line with our writing guidelines, although we try very hard to preserve each author’s opinion and voice.
- You may query us about a topic before submitting a post. If you would like to query us about a topic (i.e. ask about topic availability before submitting a full post) you can reach us over at our Contact Page. Again, if you don’t hear from us in 4 weeks, assume it is not a subject we are currently looking to post.
- Guest posters are credited with the post by first name and, if desired, a URL link. A guest post will include the guest poster’s first name at the top of the post and a brief bio at the bottom (here is an example from our sister site, Aldi Reviewer). We can also include a URL link embedded in the name to a blog or other online profile, although we reserve the right to accept or decline URL links that suggest a conflict of interest or otherwise conflicts with the vision for the site. We will contact guest posters with any URL concerns prior to a post going live.
- At this time, we are not offering compensation for guest posts. But you do get to know that you’re making people’s lives a bit better!
If you’re interested in writing for us, feel free to submit a post using the form below, or you can query us using our Contact Page. (Since the form below does not accept embedded links, query us if you have a post with internal links.)